It is our intention to create a dance space that is welcoming to all ages while honoring all parties involved. Due to the fact that we dance at two different venues, the guidelines at both spaces differ. The following information is specific to the Vet’s Club – specifically our offering of childcare – though we ask parents and children to practice similar mindfulness and respect at our WOW Hall venue as well.
Options for Children at Dance
There are basically three options for kids to be in the Vet’s Club.
1) Dancing with us – yay!
This means, other than going to the bathroom or getting a drink of water (accompanied by parents unless they are capable of managing themselves in line with the Vet’s Club expectations), being in the dance space with us. We ask you as parents to maintain some awareness of where your child is and to make it clear to them that this is their place to be, and to encourage them to be respectful of the container in the same ways we ask of all of us.
2) Participating in childcare.
The Vet’s Hall has graciously offered a space for us down the hall and we have created a paid position for someone to be with them from 5:45 – 7:45. This is to accommodate families where the parents want to dance but the kids are mostly interested in other things.
3) Sitting quietly in the foyer.
This space is for those kids and adults that like to sit and read or carry on a quiet conversation. This is for those kids that want to be in this space and can respect the boundaries set by the Vet’s Hall on their own.
How to Participate in Childcare
1) Please arrive early – between 6pm and 6:15 is ideal, during our warm-up time and before the opening circle.
2) Sign in with whomever is providing childcare for that evening. Introduce yourselves, get acquainted with them and what the offerings are.
3) Check in periodically with your child. The provider will offer your child the mobility to change venues. If they don’t wish to stay in the child care area, the provider can accompany them to the dance floor, it is then your responsibility to keep track of them. Your child is welcome to return to the child care area, but they must be accompanied by you if they choose to do so. Please make your child aware that being accompanied is part of the deal.
4) If your child has particular activities that they enjoy doing (books, games, etc), please feel free to bring them along.
Thank you for your understanding and participation!